The production of paper requires water, raw materials and energy. Feldmuehle therefore endeavours to achieve production that is as efficient and environmentally friendly as possible, based on the following guidelines:
- The issues of environmental protection are taken into account, regulated and the
processes optimized along the entire production chain.
- All employees are obliged to observe environmental protection.
- In the production of paper, we select raw materials with the least potential for human and
environmental hazards and promote the use of renewable raw materials.
- We endeavour to limit or reduce the consumption of raw materials, energy and water as
well as the production of waste in all areas of operation.
- We minimize wastewater, noise and odour emissions.
- In the event of an accident involving environmentally relevant substances, we have
developed guidelines and emergency plans.
- We comply with all legal requirements and continuously strive to improve our
- Feldmuehle openly addresses critical issues related to its products and activities on the
site and is committed to open information with environmental stakeholders.